Dryer Vent Cleaning
Does cleaning my dryer vent lower my energy bills?
Yes, by having your dryer vent professional cleaned, your clothes dryer will run more efficiently. Your dryer will not have to run as long, lessening the wear and tear on your dryer, reducing your need for repair and lengthening the life of your dryer.
Should I clean my dryer vent on my own?
Although a homeowner can clean dryer vents, it is advised that you consult a professional. Most homeowners don’t have the special equipment required to do a thorough job. A professional has special tools such as video inspection equipment to give a visual of the hard-to-reach areas of the dryer vent system.
Much like your air ducts you can’t see inside your dryer vent! Using our video inspection camera we are able to show you all of the dirt, debris and lint that stays inside your dryer and vent once you have completed your laundry and cleared the lint trap. Most people think cleaning their dryer’s lint screen is enough to keep their clothes dryer running efficiently and safely. The fact is, lint can build up in the dryer’s hose and vent creating costly and dangerous situations.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission recommend that the interior of the dryer be cleaned periodically by a qualified service technician to minimize the amount of lint accumulation.
Signs you may need to have your dryer vents cleaned-
- After or during drying time your dryer is hot to touch
- You smell smoke or fire
- Your clothes take longer than one cycle to dry.
Benefits of a clean dryer vent-
- A clean dryer can use up to 50% less energy
- Longer overall life of your dryer
- Reduces potential for catastrophic fire
Dryer Vent Cleaning Facts-
- A study performed by the U.S. Fire Administration in 2012 showed, “Failure to Clean” was the leading factor contributing to the ignition of clothes dryer fires in residential buildings.
- 84% of clothes dryer fires occurred in residential buildings- source NFIRS, National Fire Incident Reporting System